The brighter side of depression !!
Being human is indeed a blessing in disguise most of us forget during the course of journey we call 'life'. We have new experiences almost every other day. and few of them have a long lasting effect(consciously/sub-consciously) than the other.
Someone truly said "Life isn't meant to be easy". But what do you do when life comes crashing all together ?
Most of us experience ups and downs as in work-life balance, heart-breaks, family problems to name a few though not all of us go through similar after effects ( and that has got everything to do with the genes and not something someone does intentionally ).
Now coming back to my personal experience which dates back to one of those post monsoon days almost 2 years back, I started feeling my sleep cycle and appetite falling apart all of a sudden. It was difficult to apprehend what was happening to me unless I started feeling my heart racing fast quite often. One morning I lay down all by myself unable to get a proper sleep and try googling a few symptoms and what I find takes me almost a day to digest that I am suffering from clinical depression.
I have always been someone whom everyone has looked up to as an inspiration to fight the odds real smooth, but what do you do when things really don't get moving at your end. The bitter truth is that there is hardly anyone you can reach out to who might actually be able to help you. So then you decide you got to be your own hero. The only thing that kept me moving was the fact that I knew deep down I've been through worser moments in my life and I came out a winner.
I gave some homeopathic pills a try for 2 weeks or so before I realized that nothing was really helping calm down my mind. I had to actually fight things inside out and sooner the better. What helped me stop dwelling in the past was accepting the present the way it was rather than continuously questioning each and everything.
After being through all of these and overcoming the phase I will say that it's easier said than done but it's not impossible fighting depression. Its also true that once you actually are able to fight it out, you get to see that there is always a brighter side to depression.
In the 21st century our lives have been taken over by social network where reel life plays a much more crucial role than the real life we have. Depression is considered a social stigma which most of us going through don't usually prefer talking about. It's the people in the society which includes us as well, who actually have to be much more open and considerate towards others. Feel free to reach out to me if anyone reading this post is going through depression, always ready to help.
P.S.: पतझड़ के बाद आते है दिन बहार के ।।।
Most of us experience ups and downs as in work-life balance, heart-breaks, family problems to name a few though not all of us go through similar after effects ( and that has got everything to do with the genes and not something someone does intentionally ).
Now coming back to my personal experience which dates back to one of those post monsoon days almost 2 years back, I started feeling my sleep cycle and appetite falling apart all of a sudden. It was difficult to apprehend what was happening to me unless I started feeling my heart racing fast quite often. One morning I lay down all by myself unable to get a proper sleep and try googling a few symptoms and what I find takes me almost a day to digest that I am suffering from clinical depression.
I have always been someone whom everyone has looked up to as an inspiration to fight the odds real smooth, but what do you do when things really don't get moving at your end. The bitter truth is that there is hardly anyone you can reach out to who might actually be able to help you. So then you decide you got to be your own hero. The only thing that kept me moving was the fact that I knew deep down I've been through worser moments in my life and I came out a winner.
I gave some homeopathic pills a try for 2 weeks or so before I realized that nothing was really helping calm down my mind. I had to actually fight things inside out and sooner the better. What helped me stop dwelling in the past was accepting the present the way it was rather than continuously questioning each and everything.
After being through all of these and overcoming the phase I will say that it's easier said than done but it's not impossible fighting depression. Its also true that once you actually are able to fight it out, you get to see that there is always a brighter side to depression.
In the 21st century our lives have been taken over by social network where reel life plays a much more crucial role than the real life we have. Depression is considered a social stigma which most of us going through don't usually prefer talking about. It's the people in the society which includes us as well, who actually have to be much more open and considerate towards others. Feel free to reach out to me if anyone reading this post is going through depression, always ready to help.
P.S.: पतझड़ के बाद आते है दिन बहार के ।।।
This came at the right day! Thanks for sharing. Let's talk soon.
ReplyDelete